OnePlus 9RT was launched on Wednesday, October 13 as the company’s latest smartphone in the OnePlus 9 series. The new phone, which is an upgrade over the OnePlus 9R, comes with triple rear cameras that include a 50-megapixel primary sensor, a 120Hz AMOLED display, and an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset. Along with the OnePlus 9RT, OnePlus also introduced the OnePlus Buds Z2 at its live event. The company’s new Truly Wireless Stereo (TWS) earbuds come with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) support and include 11mm drivers. The OnePlus Buds Z2 has a latency rate of 94 milliseconds – which is lower than the 103 milliseconds latency rate of the original OnePlus Buds Z.
OnePlus 9RT, OnePlus Buds Z2: Price and Availability
- The OnePlus 9RT is priced at CNY 3,299 (approximately Rs 38,600) for the 8GB+128GB storage variant and CNY 3,499 (approximately Rs 40,900) for the 8GB+256GB model. The phone also comes in a top-of-the-line 12GB+256GB option that costs CNY 3,799 (approximately Rs 44,400). The OnePlus 9RT will be available for sale in China from October 19 and will be available with a discount of CNY 100 (approximately Rs. 1,200) on the first sale day.
- On the other hand, the OnePlus Buds Z2 is priced at CNY 499 (roughly Rs. 5,800). The earbuds will be available for purchase in China from October 19. Customers buying the OnePlus Buds Z2 on its first sale day will also be entitled to a discount of CNY 100 (approximately Rs.1171).
- Both the OnePlus 9RT and the OnePlus Buds Z2 will be available for pre-orders in China starting Wednesday. Details about the India launch of the OnePlus 9RT and OnePlus Buds Z2 are yet to be announced. At the event, OnePlus claimed that it was confident of hitting the 10 million sales mark globally in 2021.
Also read- Vivo V21 5G Neon Spark Launch: 2500 cashback and 10 thousand rupees are available. Up to the benefit, see details
What is special in OnePlus 9RT smartphone
- The dual-SIM (Nano) OnePlus 9RT runs on Android 11, which is based on Oppo’s ColorOS. The phone sports a 6.62-inch full-HD+ (1,080×2,400 pixels) Samsung E4 AMOLED display with 20:9 aspect ratio, 1300 nits peak brightness and up to 120Hz refresh rate. The display also comes with 100 percent DCI-P3 color gamut and has a touch sampling rate of 1300Hz. Under the hood, the OnePlus 9RT packs an octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 SoC, along with up to 12GB of LPDDR5 RAM. The phone comes with a triple rear camera setup consisting of a 50-megapixel Sony IMX766 primary sensor. This is the same camera sensor that is available on the OnePlus 9, OnePlus 9 Pro, as well as the OnePlus Nord 2. It is also an upgrade over the 48-megapixel Sony IMX586 primary sensor available on the OnePlus 9R. Apart from this, the primary sensor is equipped with an f/1.8 lens with optical image stabilization (OIS).
- Along with a 50-megapixel primary sensor, the OnePlus 9RT packs a 16-megapixel secondary sensor with an f/2.2 ultra-wide lens, and a 2-megapixel macro shooter. There is also a dual-LED flash. The rear camera setup offers 4K video recording and is paired with hybrid focus. For selfies and video chats, the OnePlus 9RT packs a 16-megapixel Sony IMX471 selfie camera sensor at the front, which measures 1-micron in size and is paired with an f/2.4 lens. The front camera also includes Electronic Image Stabilization (EIS).
- Up to 256GB of UFS 3.1 storage has been given in OnePlus 9RT. Connectivity options include 5G, 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 6, Bluetooth v5.2, GPS/ A-GPS, NFC and a USB Type-C port. Sensors on board include accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, magnetometer and a proximity sensor.
- OnePlus has provided dual stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos support on the OnePlus 9RT. The phone packs a 4,500mAh dual-cell battery that supports 65T Warp Charge fast charging. Apart from this, the dimensions of the phone are 162.2×74.6×8.29mm and the weight is 198.5 grams.
Also read- Store important documents like Aadhaar, Vaccine Certificate, DL and RC in Paytm app, see steps
What’s special in OnePlus Buds Z2
- The OnePlus Buds Z2 has 11mm dynamic drivers – slightly larger than the 10mm driver unit available on the OnePlus Buds Z. The earbuds also come with Bluetooth v5.2 connectivity, which is claimed to deliver a latency rate of about 94 milliseconds. For a better audio experience, the new OnePlus Buds TWS earbuds come with ANC support for noise reduction of up to 40dB. There are three microphones for ANC as well as voice calling.
- OnePlus claims that the Buds Z2 earbuds are capable of delivering up to 38 hours of battery life on a single charge. There is a 40mAh battery available on the earbuds which is rated to deliver up to seven hours of playback time. The company has also provided a 520mAh battery on the charging case which helps in extending the overall battery life.
- The OnePlus Buds Z2 TWS earbuds are IP55-certified, although the charging case carries an IPX4 certification. Similar to the OnePlus Buds Z and many other earbuds in the same segment, the OnePlus Buds Z2 come with touch controls and include a Transparency Mode, allowing users to hear background sound when needed.
- The OnePlus Buds Z2 earbuds measure 33×22.44×21.81mm and weigh 4.5 grams each. The bundled charging case measures 73.15×36.80×29.07mm in dimensions and weighs 40.5 grams.