Tennis tournament in Asia canceled due to Kovid, Indian Wells in California

Wimbledon. The WTA (Women’s) and ATP (Men’s), the apex bodies of world tennis, have both canceled their tournaments to be held in China and Japan this year due to concerns related to Kovid-19. The Women’s Tour, however, has said that discussions are still underway to organize the WTA Finals in China. It said that it has decided not to organize other competitions in Asia due to concerns related to Kovid-19 and travel restrictions. The ATP said that the organizers of the China Open in Beijing and the Japan Open in Tokyo have confirmed that they have been canceled this year due to restrictions related to Kovid-19.

The men’s tour said the Morocco Open, which was postponed in April, will also not be held this year. At the same time, the Indian Wells BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament, which has been affected by the Corona virus epidemic, will be held in South California from October 4 to 17 this year.

The organizers said that the prize money of this tournament will be $ 153 million. In the men’s draw, 56 players will take part in singles and 28 pairs in doubles. The women’s draw consists of 96 players in singles and 32 pairs in doubles. Fans must provide proof of full vaccination to enter the Indian Wells Tennis Garden. Players will have to follow the guidelines of the ATP and WTA, the apex bodies of men’s and women’s tennis respectively.

Earlier this competition was organized in March 2019. Then Dominic Thiem won the men’s title and Bianca Andreescu won the women’s title. According to the organizers, this two-week long tournament will be played next year at its scheduled time in March 2022.

.

Source link

Sports/Gaming