Smartwatch suddenly exploded on the wrist of a 4-year-old girl, badly burned skin

You would think that battery technology has evolved enough to consider their explosions a thing of the past, then you are wrong. Unfortunately, this is not the case for all types of devices, because so far we have only heard reports of battery bursts in smartphones, but now such news has also come to the fore regarding smartwatches. A recent incident in which the battery of the smartwatch exploded, has reinstated a new panic. The incident took place in China, when a four-year-old girl suffered a third-degree burn when her smartwatch exploded on her wrist.

The girl was taken to the hospital, where she had to get a skin graft done after the incident. The victim has been identified as Yiyi Huang of Quanzhou city in the Chinese province of Fujian. According to Yahoo News Australia, the incident happened earlier this month when Yee was playing with her younger cousin.

(Also read- Vivo’s beautiful smartphone with 8GB RAM is getting very cheap, will get 32MP selfie camera)

Then her grandmother heard a loud bang followed by Yi’s scream. When she arrived to investigate, she noticed smoke coming out of Yi’s wrist and she soon realized that Yi’s smartwatch had exploded on her wrist. Due to the explosion, the skin on the back of his hand had suffered third-degree burns. Yi had to undergo a skin graft procedure.

Compensation is being negotiated
Not all details of the incident have been made public yet, including the name of the smartwatch’s maker. It is being told that Huang is in talks with the producer regarding compensation for the incident. This incident is a shocking incident, which reminds us how dangerous a battery can be in any worst senario.

(Also read- Battery runs out quickly, so change these settings of the phone today, the work will be easy)

We have seen such incidents in the past with many other devices. However, smartwatches have not really been a part of this list so far. As in this case based on several incidents before, it is possible that the smartwatch battery exploded at a significant physical impact, an external force could damage the battery to the point of explosion. Of course, one can argue that how a four-year-old girl was able to generate so much power and why the smartwatch was not able to withstand it.


Source link