Digital Desk, Mumbai. Bollywood actress Nina Gupta’s incarnation continues in films these days. Neena Gupta, who has given more than one hit movies, is now going to be seen in the role of “old grandma”. Yes, Nina has played the role of an aged grandmother in the film ‘Sardar Ka Grandson’. The actress says that, like film makers nowadays, actors also have the chance to choose something ‘Hatke’.
What is the story of the film
- Actress Nina Gupta played the role of a chieftain in the upcoming film “Sardar Ka Grandson”, an avid old grandmother with heartfelt PF Gold.
- This grandmother wants to see her home in Lahore. For the perfect look, a 61-year-old Nina has tried to bring a 90-year-old man alive with the help of prosthetics.
- Talking about the actors, Nina says that people are not shy away from portraying older characters.
- Neena told IANS that this is because times have changed and the way people are writing scripts – it is a different type of script. The way actors are getting a variety of things, roles and most importantly, the audience is accepting it has also helped. This is very encouraging.
- Neena is quite hopeful that the audience will like her role in the film.
- Neena further says that, if people like me in this film, it would be a great thing for me and I think there will be many more actors who would dare to do something like this. The first thing I said was that I do not want to play the role of such an old woman, but when I read the script, I said that I have to do it.
- The actress further said that nowadays, we actors have a chance to do something a little different. Actors are very happy to experiment – as producers, directors and writers are experimenting. This is a great time.
- Let me tell you, Sardar’s Grandson is all set to release on Netflix on 18 May.