Digital Desk, Delhi. The second wave of corona has started in the country, due to which most people are lacking in oxygen. In such a situation, the Health Department is advising many patients with mild symptoms to stay at home and recover in home isolation. Amidst all this, doctors from all over the country are constantly paying attention to the oxygen level of the patients. So that it can be known how the patient’s condition is. In such a situation, it is very important to have a pulse oximeter to measure the oxygen level.
What is pulse oximeter
- A pulse oximeter is a small machine, which you can put on your finger to find out how your body’s oxygen level is.
- This machine is being used by doctors from all over the country.
- With the help of this digital machine, the saturation level of oxygen in the blood can be measured.
- Oxygen saturation refers to how much oxygen red blood cells are carrying from here to there.
- Let us know that all the organs work properly due to the flow of oxygen in the blood.
- The most important thing is that when you put this machine in your fingers, you will not feel any pain.
- Anytime a healthy person should have 96 percent oxygen in his body. But if the oxygen level falls below 94, then it can be a sign of danger.