International Yoga Day 2020: Know when it is Yoga Day, what is its theme, history and more
Hello friends, World Yoga Day is celebrated every year on June 21. In December 2014, June 21 was declared as the International Yoga Day for Yoga by the UGC Nations General Assembly. Yoga in India has been around 5000 years old as a mental, physical, and spiritual practice. Yoga originated from India when people meditated for changes in their body and mind.
The Indian Prime Minister met the United Nations General Assembly on a special date to practice yoga all over the world. Let me tell you that yoga is very important for everyone. If you do it daily in the morning, then it will prove beneficial for everyone.
It is a world-class event celebrated by people of all countries through yoga, meditation, debate, gathering, discussion, presentation of different types of cultural programs, etc.
What is the history of World Yoga Day:
In December 2014, on 21 December every year, the day of June 21 was declared by the United Nations Assembly to celebrate the International Day of Yoga or the World Yoga Day. On 27 September 2014, the UN was announced to celebrate Yoga Day after a call by Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi to the United Nations Assembly.
In his speech at the UN’s UN meeting, Narendra Modi said, “Yoga is a precious gift of Indian tradition”. It organizes mental and physical unity, a perfectionist approach to thought and action, curb and accomplishment, harmony between human and nature, health, and good.
It is not only about exercise but also to find an understanding of the unity of the world and nature itself. Modi Ji had called for 21 June every year to be adopted as International Yoga Day to get all the benefits of yoga for people all over the world.
What is the theme of International Yoga Day 2020:
Like every year, Yoga Day has been given a theme this year. But due to the Coronavirus epidemic this year, people have been given a theme that will promote the health and health of the people. International Yoga Day 2020 theme is, “Yoga at home and yoga with family”. It has been announced by the Ministry of AYUSH of India.
What is the purpose of World Yoga Day:
To know the objectives of International Yoga Day, know from the columns given below:
- Telling people about the amazing and natural benefits of yoga.
- Make the habit of meditation in people through yoga.
- To attract the attention of people all over the world towards the overall benefits of yoga.
- Taking a day off from a busy routine to health.
- Spreading growth, development, and peace around the world.
- Making people aware of physical and mental illnesses and providing solutions to their illness through yoga.
- To fully enjoy high levels of physical and mental health, to tell people about their right to good health and a healthy lifestyle.
- To help people in their bad situation by themselves to get relief from stress through yoga.
- Connecting people with nature through the practice of yoga.
- Reducing the rate of health-challenging diseases worldwide.
What is the law of yoga?
Start a yoga practice in the insertion of a guru, the right time for yoga is during sunrise or sunset. Take a bath before doing yoga. Do yoga on an empty stomach. Dressed in comfortable cotton clothes. The mind should be clean. Before yoga, delete all bad thoughts from your mind.
How many types of yoga are there?
As you know, there are four processes of yoga Raja Yoga, Karmayoga, Bhakti Yoga, and Jnana Yoga.
Patanjali has also called Ashtanga Yoga to tell you Raja Yoga because it has eight parts. This is their name; Yama, Niyamas Asana, Pranayama, Pratyahara, Dharana, and Samadhi.