Guru Purnima 2020: This year lunar eclipse happens on the day of Guru Purnima, know how to worship Guru Purnima
Hello Friends, Guru Purnima is being celebrated on 5 July 2020 this year. Guru Purnima is also celebrated every year on the full moon of Ashadha month. This year, the lunar eclipse is also falling on Guru Purnima day. This is the third consecutive year when the lunar eclipse is about to take place on the day of Guru Purnima. Actually, in the year 2018 and 2019, there was a lunar eclipse on the day of Guru Purnima.
Why Guru Purnima celebrated on the full moon of Ashadha month:
Let me tell you that Guru Poornima has special significance in Hindu belief. Guru Purnima is celebrated every year on the full moon day of Ashadha month. 5,000 years ago, Krishna Dvaipayan Vyas Ji, the author of Mahabharata Granth, was born, there is a recognition to celebrate his birth festival as Guru Purnima. He was born on Ashada Purnima. He was a scholar of Sanskrit. He also composed the four Vedas. For this reason, his name is also Vedavya. He is also called Adiguru. Guru Purnima is also known as Vyas Purnima in his honor.
Let me tell you that Saint Ghisadas of the Bhakti era was also born on this day. He was a disciple of Kabir Das. The scriptures refer to the meaning of the word “Gu” of the Guru, “darkness or basic ignorance” and the meaning of the word “Roo”, “his hindrance”. The Guru is called the Guru, that he removes ignorance from the knowledge of knowledge. That is, the one who removes darkness and leads to light goes to the Guru.
Will lunar eclipse be seen in India on July 5:
Let us tell you that the lunar eclipse on July 5 will start at 8:37 am according to the time of India and after that, it will be at its maximum effect at 9:59 and will end at 11:22 am. This eclipse will last for about 2 hours 45 minutes. Also tell you that due to the sunrise in India, the citizens of India will not be able to see this eclipse. For this reason, there will also be no Sutak period during a lunar eclipse.
What is the method of worship of Guru Purnima:
- In Hinduism, gurus are ranked higher than God, in such a situation, gurus should also be worshiped as God, how can we worship our guru on Guru Purnima now, let us understand in the following lines.
- First of all, after getting up early in the morning on Guru Purnima, take a bath and wear clean and shop clothes.
- After this, by laying the white cloth on a post in the temple of the house, make 12-12 lines on it and then make a pulpit.
- After this, chant the mantra ‘Gurpuranparasiddhyartham vyaspujan karishye’.
- After this, worship your Guru or his photo.
- If the Guru is in front of you, then first wash their feet, apply tilak to them and offer flowers on them. After that give them food and after this give them Dakshina and touch their feet and leave them.